Just because somebody else won, doesn’t mean you have to not win! Just $15 and you can be knocking them back with us!
Update #1 — December 2, 2015; 10:58 AM
Congrats to Dean, who was picked by a random robot picker to be our guest (along with a plus-one) at RVANews Live THIS VERY NIGHT!
But, hold fasst, fair reader. You are still invited to attend! It’ll star your favorite Richmonders: beer, cider, and liquor! Plus us and some other people. And snacks by Relay! What’s not to like!
Those details again
- Tonight • Doors open at 5:00 PM and the first panel starts promptly at 5:30 PM!
- Coalition Theater, 8 W. Broad Street
- $15 and includes a bunch of samples
— ∮∮∮ —
Original — November 30, 2015
Photo by: swanksalot
Y’all, we really want to hang with you on Wednesday night at Coalition Theater! Talkin’ the talk about local alcohol production and bartension (that’s what they call the practice of bartending, right?), knockin’ back some cider, beer, and liquory samples, eating many snacks, and just being ourselves.
Here’s what ourselves are like:
- Fast talkers
- Good huggers
- Loud clappers
- Joke makers
What about you?? We can’t wait to find out.
Enter below to win two tickets to RVANews Live #005: RVABooze
You could make your odds a lot better by just buying some tix online, OR you could roll life’s giant dice and hope for snake eyes! (Is “snake eyes” good? We’ve never really been clear on that.)
What you’re getting into
Our panels will include the real live people behind many of our popular alcohol-sodden articles.
And our treasured guests will be have access to some delicious free samples by Blue Bee, Hardywood, and Belle Isle, plus whatever they’d like to buy from the friendly bar at Coalition Theater!
So it goes like this:
- Hang for a bit, eat snacks, get a drink, mingle or hide
- Take your seats, listen to a moderated convo with an interesting panel for 30 minutes
- Ask Qs and get As for about 15 minutes
- Break for more hangs, snacks, drinks, mingling/hiding
- Repeat for panel 2!
- Linger afterwards and talk to us about how we’re doing everything just right or completely wrong–either way, we loooove to talk about it!
Who’s gonna be there
- Courtney Mailey of Blue Bee Cider (see Blue Bee Cider: A biased interview)
- Matt Shofner of Hardywood Park Craft Brewery (see Yes, We Can Can! Or Can We?)
- Dwight Chew of James River Distillery (see James River Distillery: Local gins are the new local everything else)
- Beth Dixon of Pasture (see Pasture’s Beth Dixon on cocktail trends and daily inspiration)
- Mattias Hägglund of Heritage (see Behind ABC’s food-to-alcohol ratio)
- T. Leggett of The Roosevelt (see Favorites: The Roosevelt’s Smith Cross Road Cocktail)
New this time around: new venue and a change in booze!
- Wednesday, December 2nd • Doors and hangs at 5:00 PM, programming at 5:30 PM.
- Note new venue with even more space, even more audio capability, and even more alcohol to drink! Coalition Theater, 8 W. Broad Street
- Tickets: $15, which include samples of maker booze!
- Coalition will also be selling beer and wine at their bar.
- Snacks will be provided by the awesome folks at Relay Foods.
Enter to win below, or just throw in the towel and buy tickets today!