VCU picks up two important road wins, the first against Dayton and the second an instaclassic against LaSalle.
— ∮∮∮ —
- This season VCU is 2-0 in overtime games. What’s Coach Smart’s record in overtime games at VCU?
- 2013-2014: 2-0
- 2012-2013: 1-1
- 2011-2012: 2-0
- 2010-2011: 2-1
- 2009-2010: 0-2
- Total: 7-4
- Treveon Graham scored 34 points, a career high, against La Salle. What’s the fewest number of points he’s scored this year and against which team?
- 7 points against Virginia Tech
- BONUS: In the last two years how many games has Treveon Graham scored in the single digits? VT, Akron (6), UMass (3), GW (9), Stetson (7), Wichita State (3),
- There are three teams in the Atlantic 10 with a ram as a mascot, and there’s one other non-A-10 team that are the rams. Name all four. Just a note about question, the data comes from Buzzfeed, so take it with a listicle-sized grain of salt.
- VCU, Fordham, Rhode Island, Colorado State.
- VCU currently holds The Rams Horn, a trophy I just made up.
- BONUS: What’s the most common mascot in the nation? Bulldogs, 15 teams: Alabama A&M, Bryant, Butler, Fresno State, The Citadel, Drake, Gardner-Webb, Georgia, Gonzaga, Louisana Tech, Mississippi State, UNC Asheville, Samford, South Carolina State, Yale
How many blocks will Alonzo Nelson-Ododa have against VCU?
- 62 blocks his freshman year, 49 so far this year, for 111 total. That’s good for #8 all-time at Richmond. He’s done it in 54 games, everyone above him has done it in more than 101 games. Garrett Darrius is the all-time leader with 231 blocks in 116 games.
- Aaron’s prognostication: Four blocks
- Richmond team records (PDF)
- Even if VCU wins, if Richmond beats UMass tomorrow, I’d probably vote UR second.” — Aaron Williams, rvanRamnews podcast episode 8 (45:10)
- Commonwealth Power Rankings, January 28th