Another week, another tough loss to recap, but there’s big basketball ahead of the Rams!
— ∮∮∮ —
Corrections & Feedback
- Last week we talked about Arkansas State’s Melvin Johnson III who, at the time, was #3 in the nation for 3-point percentage. I incorrectly gave his numbers field goal numbers as his 3-pointer numbers. His correct numbers are 64-131.
- This is episode 13, for real.
1. Troy Daniels leads the NBA D-League in 3-point field goals made (5.3 per game), and he’s currently shooting 40.3%. Is that batter or worse than his final season at VCU?
- It’s exactly the same!? In 2012-13 Troy Daniels shot 40.3% from 3-point range on 308 attempts (that’s 8.5 attempts per game).
2. UMass went 0-8 from the 3-point range against VCU. Was the last time UMass hit zero 3-pointers 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 years ago?
- Eight. In the 2005-2006 season, UMass went 0-12 on March 1st at Richmond. UMass would go 13-15 that year.
3. This Saturday VCU takes on #10 SLU. Dating back to the Final Four what are VCU’s wins over top-20 teams?
- 2012-13: #17 Memphis, #20 Butler
- 2011-12: #18 Wichita State
- 2010-11 / Final Four: #2 Kansas, #13 Purdue
- Last week: How many points did Chaz Williams have? 20 (Aaron said 22)
- This week: Will VCU beat SLU? Aaron said: yes.