Numbers 1-5 will explode your brain into tiny, quivering pieces!
Photos by Will Weaver
VCU dominated Fordham 88-54 on both ends of the court Wednesday night in the Stuart C. Siegel Center. Here are five shocking stats:
- VCU scored 20 points in the final 5:51 of the first half including an 18-2 run. Fordham scored 19 points in the entire first half. In fact, it took Fordham 37:31 and VCU’s walk-ons to match VCU’s 47 first half points.
- VCU assisted on 23 of 33 field goals in the game including 14 assists on 18 buckets in the first half. JeQuan Lewis tallied 7 dimes and reserve point guard Jonathan Williams added 5.
- Michael Gilmore, Korey Billbury, Ahmed Hamdy Mohamed, and Gerron Scissum all dunked, but it was Justin Tillman’s four dunks that punished the Siegel Center’s rims the most. He finished with a career-high 27 points and his fourth double-double after picking up his tenth rebound late in the game.
- 11 of VCU’s we dressed players scored. Walk-on Torey Burston finished with 3 points, and freshman Gerron Scissum slammed a powerful jam. Freshman walk-on Jordan Riullano didn’t score, but he did get an assist.
- VCU’s four forwards combined for 47 points, 19 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 turnovers, 4 blocks, and 3 steals. They went 17-of-23 from two and 2-of-3 from three which amounts to a .769 effective field goal percentage.
Here are three shocking .gifs:
Justin Tillman, man of the hour
— ∮∮∮ —
The Rams travel across town to visit rival Richmond Saturday afternoon at 2:00 PM.