Richmonders of all ages are nuts for Nutzy, our hometown baseball team’s mascot. Lucky for us, dude gets around town. Find out where you can find him and when
Is it the cape? The boots? The inexplicably muscular chest? I really don’t know, but I do know that Richmonders of all ages love him–to the point where we (kids, adults, even dang teens) get all squealy and flouncy whenever we spot him.3
Well it turns out you don’t have to wait until Flying Squirrels home games to get time with Nutzy (or wander around one of Richmond’s many festivals crossing your fingers that he’ll show up). The Squirrels have been so kind as to create4 a Where’s Nutzy? section on their website, letting us all know where and when we can see the big guy next.5 Upcoming appearances include story time at Westover Hill Library and the Great Open Jump at Pump It Up out on Hull Street.
Take a look at the website for more details. And please note that you can also fill out a form requesting that Nutzy appear at your next event.
CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE?!
— ∮∮∮ —
- Seriously, go back and read that article. We showed no mercy. ↩
- I might only be speaking for myself here, but I seriously doubt it. ↩
- See footnote number 1. Don’t try to deny it. I’ve seen the most stoic of people lose their sh*t over that squirrel. ↩
- For what it’s worth, it’s quite possible this section of the website has been up for forever, but I just recently came across it and I couldn’t in good conscience not share this information with all the other Nutzy admirers I know are out there. ↩
- I imagine this would also be useful for families dealing with the very real issue of mascot fear. So that’s good, too. ↩
— ∮∮∮ —
photo by Eli Christman