James River Cellars is throwing the 9th annual Moonlight Magic benefit for the Massey Alliance. Catered by Champagne Taste, it should be deliciously awesome.
I’ve been meaning to get to James River Cellars for awhile now. They have their popular Fridays on the Patio with live music, tastings, and food. The Massey Alliance, the young professionals group of the Massey Cancer Society, just gave me a great reason. They’re throwing the 9th annual Moonlight Magic benefit there on Friday, June 10 presented by Gilbane.
The event is from 6.30 – 10pm, rain or shine. Wine tastings are provided by James River Cellars (controversially, there’s been some debate in the food community about whether grapes can truly grow well in the Richmond region), and attendees can enjoy a variety of local and craft beers, food, dessert, and live music by Flat Elvis.
- Sweet and Sour Asian Meatballs
- Hot Parmesan Crab Dip and Hot Florentine Dip with Artichokes and Water Chestnuts Served with Croustades and Crackers
- Petite Curry Chicken Salad Sandwiches on Parker House Rolls and Miniature Pulled Pork Sandwiches on Potato Rolls
- Vegetable Crudités Display with Dips
- Assorted Domestic Cheeses with Fresh Fruit
- Tuscan Pasta Primavera Salad
- Baby Spinach and Cheese Ravioli with Olive Oil and Fresh Parmesan
Tickets are $40 until June 9 and $50 at the door and include food and wine tasting and two drinks. Complimentary transportation will be provided from 6pm to 10pm by The To the Bottom and Back Bus from City Limit (7007 Three Chopt Road).