On June 24th from 6.30 — 8.30pm at the Firehouse Theatre the Commission of Architectural Review will be holding a public meeting on City Old and Historic Districts. Topics to include: Why do we have Old & Historic Districts? Why have we chosen to live in them? Why do we think they are important? What does the public […]
- Why do we have Old & Historic Districts?
- Why have we chosen to live in them?
- Why do we think they are important?
- What does the public want from them?
- How can the CAR, City and the residents be better custodians to O&HD’s?
- How can we strengthen the alliance between the CAR, City and residents?
However, not everyone desires a O&H designation for the neighborhood as Oregon Hill resident Scott Burger notes:
“Oregon Hill has National and State Historic Designation, but by choice not City O&H, though it may happen in the future. While I am personally favorable towards O&H for Oregon Hill, many of my neighbors have objected to government involvement and any possible economic hardship from maintaining O&H standards”
The Hermitage Road area is a City Old and Historic District. So if you are a property owner over there make sure you stop by the meeting.