Hokies pick up a huge win over nationally ranked Miami, and the Hoos limp into a bye week.
Highlights & Recaps
- Virginia Tech over #11 Miami, 34-27. I…don’t even know. Sure Hokies. You do you, I guess.
- UNC over Virginia, 45-14. That’s officially the longest losing streak for the Wahoos in over a decade; the Mike London Job Watch continues! As of today, Coaches Hot Seat puts London on Hot Seat #6.
- #5 Stanford over #3 Oregon, 26-20. Oregon! Y U ALWAYS DROP A GAME TO STANFORD??
- Pittsburgh over #23 Notre Dame, 28-21. Man, nothing makes me happier than to see Notre Dame play their first semi-official ACC game and then promptly lose it.
- #6 Baylor over #10 Oklahoma, 41-12. This week has the Baylor Bears ranked #5 in the all-powerful BCS Standings. Who’s not on the Baylor bandwagon at this point? If not, GET THEE ON IT! Plus, the Baylor offense in .gif form:
— ∮∮∮ —
Virginia Tech vs. Maryland
ESPN3 • 12:30 PM • VT -15.0
A one sentence game preview: if Logan Thomas turns the ball over three times the Hokies will lose this game.
Virginia Tech should win this game handily–but they should have beat Boston College handily too. All of Hokienation desperately wants to believe that the Miami game signaled a turning of the corner, and that we should finally expect a competent offense. But the reality is that this is still a rebuilding year.
I’m not sure you can expect anything from this team—good or bad.
Virginia vs. Bye week
Richmond vs. #21 Delaware
OK Spiders, you’re riding a two-game winning streak, and a win over a ranked Delaware team in Newark would be a big deal. It’d certainly help assuage some of the sting from those early and mid season losses.
— ∮∮∮ —
National game of the week
- #4 Stanford at USC • 8:00 PM • ABC
ACC game of the week
- #23 Miami at Duke • 3:30 PM • ESPNU
- #15 Northern Illinois vs. Ball State • Wednesday, 8:00 PM • ESPN2
- #7 Auburn vs. #25 Georgia • 3:30 PM • CBS
- #12 Oklahoma State at #24 Texas • 3:30 PM • FOX
- #20 Louisville vs. Houston • 7:00 PM • ESPNU
The Theoretical Playoff
Stanford is ranked above Baylor? ORLY computers?
- Florida State
- Ohio State