America’s friendliest Marathon hits the roads this weekend.
With roughly 20,000 runners afoot, various road closures–some beginning as early as 4:00 AM Saturday–may put a dent in your travels.
Here’s a map of each road that’ll be closed on Saturday:
View Richmond Marathon road closures in a larger map
— ∮∮∮ —
Now here’s a breakdown of individual streets and when (and for how long) they’ll be closed:
— ∮∮∮ —
And here’s a full list of streets and their set closure times:
- The intersection of 5th & Tredegar Street will be closed starting at 10 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 13 for Finish Line set up and construction
- 5th Street will be closed from Broad St to Tredegar St starting 4:00am to 4:00pm
- Broad Street (both eastbound and westbound) between 5th and 11th Streets will be closed to traffic from 4am to 10am. Westbound traffic will be detoured north onto 11th Street and west on Leigh Street.
- Broad Street (both eastbound and westbound) between 5th Street and N. Boulevard will be closed from 6 to 9am. Eastbound traffic will be detoured north on Sheppard Street, east on Marshall Street, north on the Boulevard, east on Leigh Street, south on 10th Street, east on Marshall Street, south on 12th Street back to Broad Street.
- Grace Street from Allen Ave. to 6th Street will be closed from 4am to 3pm.
- 3rd Street from Broad Street to Cary Street will be closed from 6am to 3pm.
- Mulberry Street between Broad St. and Monument Ave. will be closed from 6 to 9am for the HCA Virginia 8K.
- Grace Street will be closed between Boulevard and Allen Ave. from 6 to 9am for the HCA Virginia 8K.
- Lombardy Street between Brook Rd. and Monument Ave will be closed from 7am to 3pm.
- North Boulevard northbound from Broad St. to Hermitage Rd. will be closed from 7 to 10am for the American Family Fitness Half Marathon.
- Hermitage Road northbound from Boulevard to Pope Ave will be closed from 7 to 10am for the American Family Fitness Half Marathon.
- Brookland Parkway both eastbound and westbound from Hermitage Rd. to Lamont St. will be closed from 7 to 10am for the American Family Fitness Half Marathon
- Bellevue Avenue from Hermitage Rd to Bryan Park entrance will be closed from 7AM to 10AM for the American Family Fitness Half Marathon.
- Monument Avenue westbound between Mulberry and Westmoreland will be closed from 7:30 to 9:30am.
- Westmoreland between Monument Ave and Grove Ave will be closed from 7:30am to 10am.
- Grove Avenue westbound between Commonwealth and Maple will be closed from 7:30 to 10:00am.
- Maple Avenue from Grove to Cary Street will be closed from 7:30am to 10:00am
- The Huguenot Bridge will be closed to all traffic from 8:00am to 11:00am. Northbound traffic on Huguenot Road will be detoured north from Huguenot Road onto Chippenham Parkway to the Willey Bridge.
- Riverside Dr. will be closed from the Huguenot Bridge to Scottview Drive from 6am to Noon.
- Forest Hill Ave. westbound from Roanoke St. to Hathaway Rd. will be closed from 8 to 11:30am.
- Semmes Ave. Westbound from Cowardin Ave. to Roanoke St. will be closed from 8:30am to Noon
- Belvidere Street northbound at Grace Street will be closed from 7am to 3pm. The recommended detour will be east on Byrd Street to the Downtown Expressway eastbound to I-95 northbound.
- West Main Street, from Belvidere to Boulevard will be closed from 9:00am 1:00pm. Westbound traffic Main St will be detoured North on Belvidere, East on Franklin, and South on 1st Street to the Westbound Downtown Expressway.
- Belvidere Street southbound between Broad and Grace Streets will be closed from 7am to 3pm. The recommended detour for southbound Belvidere Street will be onto I-95 southbound just north of Leigh Street
- The southbound exit ramp from the Powhite Parkway to Forest Hill Avenue and the northbound entrance ramp from westbound Forest Hill Avenue onto the Powhite Parkway will be closed to traffic from 8am until approximately 11am.
- There will also be numerous and frequent lane closures along the Marathon, Half Marathon & 8k routes, including closures on: Broad Street, North Boulevard, Monument Avenue, Grove Avenue, Maple Avenue, Cary Street Road, River Road, Scottview Drive, Forest Hill Avenue, Semmes Avenue, the Lee Bridge, Belvidere Street, West Main Street, Hermitage Road, Fauqier Avenue, Brook Road. Motorists are advised to use extreme caution when entering these roadways or making turns across the runners’ paths along these roadways.
Good luck to both runners and motorists!
- Named “America’s friendliest marathon” by Runner’s World. ↩