Storms cancel tonight’s food truck court.
Update #1 — July 10, 2015; 2:53 PM
Message from Woodland Heights Baptist:
Just got word that due to a 60%+ chance of thundershowers between 6 and 7 tonight (with smaller chances before and after), the Food Trucks will NOT be coming to Woodland Heights Baptist Church tonight. Sorry to cancel, and sorry for the timing…but that’s all we can do.
Next week the Food Trucks will be back in full force…and there will be a movie night as well (“101 Dalmations”)…more info to come.
— ∮∮∮ —
Original — July 09, 2015
It may be a little hot…and there may not be goats in the parking lot…but they might still be around the corner…and there will be good food and good company aplenty…and it’s a safe place to hang out during Shark Week…
Join us Friday night in the Woodland Heights Baptist Church parking lot (611 W. 31st St.). Come set up at a table, or bring a blanket and/or lawn chairs and spread out on the lawn…or grab your dinner to go… The Food Trucks will open for business at 5:30 and remain until 8:30.
Here are the trucks scheduled for July 10:
- Coco Bans to Go – Delectable Caribbean food with layers of flavor and smiles with every bite.
- Mosaic – “International fusion menu that features gourmet sandwiches and small plates that change with the season.”
- Port O’ Call – Caribbean /International Gourmet Adventure
- Slideways Mobile Bistro – Serving up our signature gourmet sliders and fresh hand-cut fries to RVA.
…and for dessert…
- DeRochonnet Delights – Luscious, hand-made chocolates
It’s always a great time at Food Truck Fridays!
We will have a collection box for non-perishable food donations to our Food Closet, which serves an average of about 40-45 of our neighbors in need (from 23224 or 23225 zip codes) each week. If you would like, bring a can or two of fruit or vegetables, or a jar of peanut butter, or … Questions about the Food Closet? Email me or ask around on Friday night. We have greatly appreciated those of you who have dropped off some food for this worthy cause.
Remember: Please, no alcoholic beverages on the church property.