All five Henrico Board of Supervisors members and and three county managers will serve in positions with the Virginia Association of Counties.
All five members of Henrico County’s Board of Supervisors and three of its deputy county managers will serve on committees of the Virginia Association of Counties (VACo) during 2016, the County of Henrico announced this morning.
From the County of Henrico:
Members of the board received the following appointments:
- Chairman and Varina District Supervisor Tyrone E. Nelson, Transportation Steering Committee (vice chair) and Resolutions Committee;
- Vice Chairman and Brookland District Supervisor Richard W. Glover, Economic Development and Planning Steering Committee;
- Fairfield District Supervisor Frank J. Thornton, Education Steering Committee;
- Three Chopt District Supervisor Thomas M. Branin, Finance Steering Committee; and
- Tuckahoe District Supervisor Patricia S. O’Bannon, General Government Steering Committee. She also represents Region 3 on the VACo Board of Directors.
Administration officials who received appointments are:
- Deputy County Manager for Administration Joseph P. Casey, Finance Steering Committee;
- Deputy County Manager for Community Development Randall R. Silber, Environment and Agriculture Steering Committee; and
- Deputy County Manager for Community Services Jane D. Crawley, Health and Human Resources Steering Committee.
VACo’s 11 committees review legislative requests from member counties, recommend an annual legislative program and provide policy guidance to VACo staff. The association represents local governments at the state and federal levels and provides a resource network for planning and implementing ideas and technologies.