After a rough weekend, mild(er) temperature return!
Good morning, RVA! It’s 64 °F, and today looks surprisingly temperate after all of that scorching heat. Highs today only reach into the mid-80s, and there’s not even a chance of storms this afternoon. I’m sure we’ll soon return to our regularly scheduled program of heat, humidity, and thunderstorms, but until then, enjoy.
All this week, catch 35 artists as they set up their easels and paint our lovely home town. It’s called Plein Air Richmond, and it should make you feel all Francophiled.
The Richmond School Board is going to try their very best to reduce the length of their meetings.
Downtown, owners of Quirk Gallery will look to open a boutique, 70-room, Quirk-branded hotel at 201 W. Broad Street. They’ll also move the already adorable gallery down a block to an adjacent building.
A Tom Hanks-produced film directed by and starring Meg Ryan will begin shooting in the Richmond / Petersburg region come July. It’s called Ithica, and you can’t see but I’m making a very skeptical face at it
- Squirrels return home after a weekend sweep of Erie to host Harrisburg at 6:35 PM.
- Kickers took care of business against the Pittsburg Riverhounds, 3-1.
- Nats split the series with the Braves, and today face the Brewers in Washington at 8:10 PM.
- Wahoos beat Ole Miss 4-1, and now enter the final, three-game series of the college World Series against Vanderbilt. First pitch tonight at 8:00 PM. Go Hoos!
As time expired Portugal’s evil, but beautiful, Renaldo assisted on an equalizing goal to crush American fans around the world. That feeling, that’s what if feels like to be Matt Ryan’d. Luckily there’s at least one more game to play, and the U.S. can still advance.
Four matches today:
- Australia vs. Spain, 12:00 PM, ESPN2
- Netherlands vs. Chile, 12:00 PM, ESPN
- Cameroon vs. Brazil, 4:00 PM, ESPN2
- Croatia vs. Mexico, 4:00 PM, ESPN
This morning’s longread
All of the things you ever wanted to know about lip reading, plus a compelling narrative!
Encountering people who are nervous about lipreading gives me a strange complex. I wish only for them to be comfortable, not agitated or guilty. I want them to perceive me as more skilled, more normal, more approachable than they first thought. I do not want them to see me struggle. If I detect nervousness in a companion, I do my best to gloss it over–and present a semblance of normalcy, not the chaos I feel inside.
Photo by: Michael Chronister
This morning’s Instagram
— ∮∮∮ —
Want to automagically get Good Morning, RVA in your inbox every morning? Sign up below!