With the Redskins about to start practicing right behind it, the museum creates new parking guidelines for its visitors.
The Redskins arrive today to begin their summer training camp (July 25th – August 16th) at their new facility behind the Children’s Museum of Richmond. While the influx of visitors to Richmond is a good thing, what effect will it have on parking at the Children’s Museum?
CMoR recently sent out the following information addressing that very concern:
- Unfortunately, the Children’s Museum of Richmond cannot guarantee parking for any guest wishing to attend CMoR on training days.
- Events like Summer Series programs, camps, birthday parties and classes will happen at their scheduled times, so please plan your visit accordingly as traffic and parking may cause delays.
- The Children’s Museum of Richmond does not assume responsibility for any damaged or stolen property from vehicles. Any vehicular issues should be reported to the Science Museum of Virginia.
- The entrance to the parking lot from Terminal Place (by McDonald’s) will be closed.
- Please do not park in the McDonald’s parking lot. McDonald’s will enforce towing as may other local businesses.
- Leigh St. from Boulevard to Hermitage Rd. will be closed.
- There will be one point of entrance into the parking lot: the Broad Street-East Loop into the Science Museum of Virginia.
As guests enter, they will be issued a parking ticket:
- This parking ticket can be validated at the CMOR front desk with the purchase of an admission ticket and/or with membership. Any guest attending CMoR (this includes members), must bring their parking ticket into the museum, so front desk staff can staple your receipt to the parking ticket for validation. Failure to do so may result in your paying for parking.
- Upon leaving, Standard Parking will either collect your validated parking ticket (your Children’s Museum of Richmond receipt with parking ticket) or $10.
- This $10 fee is subject to change
- CMoR will not reimburse anyone charged because of lost validated parking tickets, so please keep your validated parking ticket in a secure location.
And finally, the release ended with:
CMoR asks for your patience and understanding during this busy time of year. We look forward to your visit. If you are concerned about traffic and parking at CMoR, please remember CMoR has two other locations for your enjoyment, learn more. If you have any further parking questions or concerns not addressed in this email, please contact the Science Museum of Virginia at 804.864.1400 or email@example.com.
Photo by bionicteaching