Council shakes off those vacation cobwebs and gets back to work (mostly).
You can download last night’s agenda here (PDF). Remember, Council creates this agenda before the meetings. Almost half of the items on this month’s agenda were continued until a later date, and this document does not reflect that.
Recaps and resources
- Read Graham Moomaw’s recap in the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- The big news is the withdrawal of the Pear Street condo project. Here’s Moomaw earlier in the week on how faced with lack of support from both the public and Council the developer asked the project be withdrawn.
- Councilman Baliles introduced resolution 2014-156 which would authorize the City to pursue acquiring some land in Shockoe Bottom for development–whether that be a baseball stadium or something else. This resolution was continued.
- Council passed resolution 2014-155, which funds the Floyd Avenue Bike Boulevard (aka “RVA bike-walk street”) to the tune of $417,418. The final plan for the boulevard is still up in the air.
- Here’s our quick piece about the evolution of Richmond’s interest in its City Council
Tweets from last night
For the record, he went with “Pear Street condo plan withdrawn by Richmond council”.
Photo by: Marc Tomik