Secco; 2012 Spring Restaurant Week
Menu and contact information for the 2012 Spring Restaurant Week.
- 2933 West Cary Street
— ∮∮∮ —
Build-your-own cheese and/or charcuterie plate
- Cypress Grove “Psychedillic”–(CA) fresh, zippy goat chevre with dill pollen.
- Tomme de Savoie — (FR) raw cows milk; semi-soft, with hints of cured meats & herbs.
- Pecorino Crotonese–(IT) firm sheeps milk; citrus-y, & nutty.
- Olli Salumeria hot lomo — (VA) lean & spicy salt-cured pork loin.
- Olli Salumeria bresaola — (VA) delicate, air-dried & salt-cured beef.
- Olli Salumeria prosciutto — (VA) traditionally cured 100% Berkshire ham.
- Pork belly porchetta, artichokes barigoule1 [g]
- Farro cavatelli, rapini, aleppo pepper, anchovy butter
- Asparagus sformato2, fava shoots, preserved lemon [v]
- Medjool dates, pork liver mousse, walnut granola, fried capers [g]
- Pickled mushrooms, garlic confit & taleggio cheese crostini [v]
- Roasted beets, shaved radish, whipped fromage blanc, saba3 emulsion [v, g]
- Bay scallop crudi4, pink grapefruit, vanilla brown butter, fresh tarragon [g]
- Mixed green salad, roasted pistachio, fresh chevre [v, g]
- Potato and nettle5 soup–With lemon crème fraiche [v, g]
- Cardamom Gelato, Espresso Crumble [v, g]
- Cream Puffs–With vanilla bean crème patissiere6, salted caramel, hazelnut praline. [v]
- Olive Oil-Dark Chocolate Ganache–With fresh spring berries, sweet basil. [v, g]
— ∮∮∮ —
- g = gluten-free
- v = vegetarian
— ∮∮∮ —
- Artichokes barigoule–Stewed artichoke hearts ↩
- Sformato–An Italian egg dish similar to souffle, but not as airy ↩
- Saba–A syrup made from the reduction of grape must ↩
- Crudi–Plural for crudo, which is a preparation of raw seafood in Italy ↩
- Stinging nettles–An herbaceous flowering plant with a taste similar to spinach ↩
- Creme patissiere–Pastry cream ↩
Report an error
Subscribe to our
There are no reader comments. Add yours.