More than 24 local businesses participating in a celebration of all that is Lakeside.
More than two dozen businesses will participate in Lakeside Day, to be held Saturday, June 27, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. along Lakeside Avenue. The Lakeside Business Association will sponsor the event.
Participating businesses will offer special sales and family-friendly activities. Food will be available for purchase at a number of spots along the avenue.
Attendees can visit the Lakeside Farmers’ Market until noon, then participate in a scavenger hunt by completing a “Lakeside Passport” with a stamp from one business in each of five color-coded sections of Lakeside Avenue. Those who receive all five stamps may redeem their completed passports at Appliances on Lakeside (at the corner of Lakeside Avenue and Dumbarton Road) for a gift certificate for a free hamburger at Carytown Burgers and Fries’ Lakeside location. All completed entries also will be entered to win other giveaway packages from participating merchants.
A sample of events planned by participating businesses and organizations:
- Twig, 6112-B in Lakeside Towne Center, will host a special sidewalk sale, local artist demos and specials, a dessert-tasting from noon to 3 by Morsels on Macarthur and live music from noon to 4 by Ken Fetzer;
- Umami Gourmet Coffee and Exotic Tea, 6920 Lakeside Avenue, will host a fish fry;
- Greater Hope Learning Center, 2001 Ginter Street, will have a moon bounce, basketball tournament for older children, a DJ playing Kidz
- Bop and food on site;
- Lakeside Volunteer Rescue Squad, 2007 Timberlake Avenue, will host an open house, showcasing equipment and its facility and hosting CPR demonstrations every hour on the hour between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.;
- Whispers of Time, 5512 Lakeside Avenue, will be giving away plastic “Lakeside” wrist bracelets free with any purchase;
- Vintage Glass and Pottery, 6925 Lakeside Avenue, will have a 20%-off sale storewide during the event;
- The Richmond SPCA will host an adoption stand.