Food Trucks, Friday Kids, and “Chicken Run”.
Update #1 — June 3, 2016; 1:48 PM
With the forecast calling for better than an 80% chance of rain from 5 until 6 or 7, our Food Truck vendors have reluctantly decided to cancel tonight’s event. That means that the Friday Kids Night and the movie are canceled (or at least postponed) as well. If anyone has any ideas about how to keep wet weather from arriving in Richmond on Friday evenings, please let me know. :-)
Stay tuned…it can’t rain every weekend…can it?
–W. 32nd St.
— ∮∮∮ —
Original — June 02, 2016
Lots of activity at Woodland Heights Baptist Church (611 W. 31st Street) this Friday night (6/3). Food Trucks from 5:30 until 8:30…First Friday Kids providing Arts and Crafts activities from 6:30 until 7:00 (downstairs in the church)…and a parking lot showing of the movie “Chicken Run” beginning about 8:45 (with free popcorn and lemonade—just bring your lawn chairs or a blanket).
The scheduled food trucks are:
- BoDillaz -“Famous Quesadillas”
- Dank* Eats — “Our focus is funky fresh fusion pitas like our jerk chicken shwarma with curry sweet potato fries, grilled pineapple, and cilantro lime aioli or our cheesesteak pita with wasabi aioli.”
- Harry’s Picnic Basket—Gyros, wraps, clubs, and more. Specializing in gluten free meals.
- Smokie Joe’s BBQ – Pork, beef, chicken, and all the fixin’s.
…and for dessert…
- Sweet Cakes (pies & cakes!) – “Homemade cakes and pies by the slice, brownies, lemon bars, cookies, cupcakes and other yummy homemade desserts!”
It should be a great evening of food, conversation, arts, crafts, and a movie about chickens flying…or at least trying to!! Hope to see you there!
Remember the WHBC Community survey–5 minutes to help the church plan for our future in Woodland Heights. Here is the link to the survey: http://goo.gl/forms/apZ6AyfqU9. Paper copies will be available at the Food Truck Court as well.