Kindergarten registration begins today
Kindergarten registration opens today. Check out the details on what you’ll need to have with you the day of.
Kindergarten registration for Richmond City, Henrico County, Chesterfield County, and Henrico County Schools is scheduled for Thursday, April 10th. Your child must be five years old on or before September 30th of this year to be eligible for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Registration requires quite a bit of documentation, so best make sure you’ve got it all ready to go. Here’s what you’ll need to bring:
- Child’s certified original birth certificate1
- Child’s Social Security number2
- Photo ID for parent or legal guardian
- Proof of residency, such as a utility bill, mortgage statement, lease agreement
- School Entrance Health Form3 completed by a licensed medical provider. This includes: Health Information Form; Certification of Immunization; Comprehensive Physical Examination Report (completed within the twelve months prior to the date the child first enters kindergarten)
If you’re unable to make it to your child’s future school on the date of kindergarten registration, call the school and set up an appointment as soon as possible.
Be sure to check out your school district’s website for additional updates and details:
Photo by: rdeetz
- Copies of birth certificates can be obtained at the Virginia Department of Health’s Office of Vital Records for $12. ↩
- If you don’t know your child’s Social Security number, contact or stop by your local Social Social Security office. You will need to provide two “Identity documents” for your child, such as a health insurance card, records from his/her preschool or daycare, and/or copy of medical records. ↩
- You can download a copy at the Virginia Department of Education website, but your pediatrician/medical provider should have it on hand as well. ↩
Report an error
Subscribe to our
There are no reader comments. Add yours.