Registration for the Spring 2015 season is open!
I know we’re all currently holed up in our houses hiding from Old Man Winter’s cruel, bitter ways, but fear not! Warmer days will come, and when they do, you’re going to need something to keep those kids busy. Might I suggest a season with Richmond Little League?
RLL 2015 sign-ups are currently open and underway for Richmond-area boys and girls ages 4 to 16. To be eligible to play, your child must live or attend a school within the boundaries of the league to play.
Little League International issued new age rules in November of 2014 which RLL will be following. Here’s how levels of play break out according to age…
- Tee Ball (LL 5s and LL 6s) — 4, 5, and 6 year olds born between January 1st, 2009 and December 31st, 2010
- Machine Pitch 7s (LL 7s) — 6 and 7 year olds born between January 1st, 2008 and December 31st, 2008
- Machine Pitch 8s (LL 8s) — 7 and 8 year olds born between January 1st, 2007 and December 31st, 2007
- Minors 9 (LL 9s) — 8 and 9 year olds born between May 1st, 2005 and December 31st, 2006
- Minors 10 (LL 10s) — 10 year olds born between May 1, 2004 and April 30, 2005
- Majors 50/70 (LL 11s and 12s) — 11 and 12 year olds born between May 1st, 2002 and April 30th, 2004 and some 13 year olds (upon special consideration)
- Juniors/Seniors (LL 13-16s) — 13, 14, 15, and 16 year olds born between May 1, 1998 and April 30, 2002
(For more information on this rule change–and for a helpful chart see how your child’s age translates into his/her “Little League” age — stop by the Richmond Little League website.)
Registration can be completed online. Cost is $95 for baseball and $70 for tee ball. Richmond Little League provides team jerseys, pants, socks, and caps, but the kids will need to bring their own athletic shoes and gloves. Registration for machine pitch, minors, and majors closes February 5th; tee ball on February 26th; and juniors and seniors on March 20th. Opening day is March 28th.
For registration questions, contact Bill Hutchins at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Boyd Bullock at email@example.com or Scott Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about the division changes for the Spring 2015 season.
Photo by: Richmond Little League