Four new restaurants and one new brewery opened their doors in September.
A while back, Shockoe Bottom staple Lucky Buddha closed down and reopened as the new, swankily-branded Society.
- 1421 E. Cary Street
- Daily, 11:30 AM – 2:00 AM
Come one, come all, come VCU students with a craving for smoked meats! Isn’t it lovely that a local barbecue shop opened up in the heart of VCU’s campus just down the street from the city’s premiere vegetarian restaurant? It’s totally like Richmond to have a little something for everybody!
- 931 W. Grace Street
- Daily, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
This month, F.W. Sullivan’s Canal Bar & Grille opened downtown in Shockoe Bottom. This is the sister restaurant to F.W. Sullivan’s [Regular] Bar & Grille, and joins Casa del Barco, Haiku, and Southern Railway Taphouse in a bit of a Shockoe mini-Renaissance. They’ve got 24 beers on tap, a lovely patio, and a view of the canal.
- 1001 Haxall Point
- Monday – Friday, 11:30 AM – 2:00 AM
- Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 AM – 2:00 AM
Lickinghole Creek Craft Brewery, RVA’s newest brewery, opened during the last weekend of September. They’ve got four beers in their portfolio:
- Short Pump Saison • Virginia Farmhouse Ale (6.8% ABV, 35 IBU)
- Magic Beaver • Belgian-style Pale Ale (5.5% ABV, 30 IBU)
- Gentleman Farmer • Estate Hop Ale (7.5% ABV, ??? IBU)
- Three Chopt • Tripel (9.3% ABV, 39 IBU)
You can already find some of these beers around town, with more popping up in the next couple of weeks. If you simply can’t wait to try RVA’s newest brews, just hop in the car and head out to Goochland–all four beers are on tap at the brewery.
- 4100 Knolls Point Drive
- Tuesday – Thursday, 12:00 – 8:00 PM
- Saturday, 1:00 – 9:00 PM
Richmond’s own Culinard (the Culinary Institute of Virginia College) has opened a restaurant / learning lab downtown at 1331 E. Cary Street. It’s a place to get a “fresh, contemporary American” meal while helping chefs-to-be test their mettle against the pace of a real world restaurant.
- 1331 E. Cary Street
- Monday – Thursday, 4:30 – 10:00 PM
- Friday and Saturday, 4:30 – 11:00 PM
- Sunday, 4:30 – 9:00 PM
Photo courtesy of: Lickinghole Creek Craft Brewery