May festivals here! We’ve got your May festivals! Check ’em out while they’re still warm and chewy.
You’ve probably both heard and been to the Greek Festival. But, it is not Richmond’s only delicious Mediterranean festival, behold: The Lebanese Food Festival. So go forth, sample the pastries (and possibly cedars) of Lebanon!
- May 13th – May 15th • starting at 10am
- St. Anthony’s Maronite Catholic Church • 4611 Sadler Road, Glen Allen
- Free, but you’ll have to pay for the delicious food
riverrock! Possibly Richmond’s most x-treme event? Head down to Brown’s Island for your typical food & fare and atypical sport-type things. They’ve got bmx dudes, crazy kayak flippers, and flying dogs.
- May 13 – 14
- Brown’s Island
Sure most of your run-of-the-mill festivals involve stuffing your face with wine and baklava, but the Vibefest is different. Fear not, you can still stuff your face, but you will be unwittingly helping the Positive Vibe cafe provide people with disabilities paying jobs in the food service industry. Bam!
- May 15 • 12pm – 6.30pm
- The Meadow at Boulders • 900 Boulders Parkway, Bonair
- $10 per person, $15 at the gate
Did you lose all of your money betting on Mucho Macho Man in the Kentucky Derby? Fear not! You can easily win it all back at this year’s Strawberry Hill Races! You can even watch a Preakness simulcast at 6:15pm — that is if you are sober enough to stand at that point.
- May 21st – gates open at 11am, race at 2.30pm
- Colonial Downs
- Prices start at $40 and go to infinity
Head out to the Rassawek vineyards in Goochland for what promises to be a both wine and fun filled event. Hey, can’t beat that.
- May 21 & 22
- Rassawek Vineyard • 6276 River Road West, Columbia
- Starting at $10, children under 12 are free
If you can stomach the drive out to the Pump (do we consider Innsbrook part of Short Pump?) you’ll be rewarded by a pretty decent selection of brews (BODDINGTONS!) on tap as well as some local comidas. Flavor, you had me at “Daylight Donuts.”
- May 21 – May, 22 • 11am – 6pm
- Snagajob Pavillion • 4901 Lakebrook Drive
- Free! Pay as you go drinks & food