Drink beer while watching a movie about beer making and drinking.
Even if you don’t drink beer you’re aware of the explosion of craft beer in Richmond. It’s tremendous to think that 10 years ago there were only three breweries (Legend, Richbrau, Extra Billy’s) in the area. From those humble beginnings the beer scene has really taken off and the movie Grain to Growler sets out to explore that growth not just in Richmond but throughout the Commonwealth.
It premieres this Saturday at Capital Ale House (623 E. Main Street) and will include a panel discussion with beer legends.
- Chris Holder, Capital Ale House
- Sean Thomas Pumphrey, Lickinghole Creek Craft Brewery
- Patrick Murtaugh, Hardywood Park Craft Brewery
- Hunter Smith, Champion Brewing Co.
- Mark Thompson, Starr Hill Brewery
- Dave Gott, Legend Brewing Co.
Tickets are available online and cost $10. Doors open at 8:00 PM with the screening starting at 8:45 PM, Saturday August 9th.
Image: From Grain to Growler