Thinking of going to this weekend’s Folk Festival? Here’s what you need to know.
When and where is the Richmond Folk Festival?
- Friday, October 11th • 6:00 – 10:00 PM
- Saturday, October 12th • 12:00 – 9:30 PM
- Sunday, October 13th • 12:00 – 6:00 PM
Artists from all over the world. We have a full list of performers and music clips here.
Where are the stages?
Here’s a full map of this weekend’s festivities (click to enlarge):
What not to bring
- Pets (aside form service animals)
- Coolers and large backpacks
- Bottles and glass containers
- Laser pointers
- Bikes, skateboards, inline skaes
- Flying objects (kites, Frisbees, footballs, etc.)
How can I get there if I don’t want to drive?
Free shuttles and free parking are available from Spring Rock Green (7202 Midlothian Turnpike) and Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (2015 Staples Mill Road):
- Friday • 6:00 – 10:00 PM
- Saturday • 11:30 AM – 10:00 PM
- Sunday • 11:30 AM – 6:30 PM
Buses leave every 20 minutes and will stop at both 2nd and 5th streets.
— ∮∮∮ —
Richmond 2015 will provide free bike valet at 2nd and Canal streets during festival hours. Bikers take note: there’s no need to bring a lock with you.
Where do I park if I’m driving?
There are multiple parking lots available downtown:
Central Parking • $5 and $6
- Shockoe Bottom, 100 Virginia Street • $5
- Crowne Plaza, 555 E. Canal Streets • $5
- 801 E. Cary Street (Lot between 8th & 9th on Cary) • $6
- 1200 E. Byrd Street (along the flood wall) • $6
City Parking • $5
- Main & Foushee
- 1st & Canal
- 3rd & Cary
- 4th & Canal
- 5th & Canal, 5th & Cary
- 6th & Canal
- 8th & Cary
Standard Parking • $5
- 410 E. Franklin Street
Lanier Parking • $5
- Riverside on the James, 1001 Haxall Point
- Riverfront Plaza, 901 E. Byrd Street
Mayo Island • $3
501 S. 14th Street