A weekend filled with outdoor activities, topped with magic, and wrapped in bacon.
Photo by: jeffreyw
Pulling a rabbit out of a hat? Uh, that’s so 19th Century. Cutting a woman in half? Uh, that’s so Vegas. Jumping into a pool of water after chaining up your entire body? Uh, that’s so Houdini. Magic with a twist of comedy and “How the heck did that just happen??” Uh, that’s totally Michael Carbonaro. And hey! Susan Howson actually got to talk to him!
- Friday, June 10th • 7:30 PM
- Carpenter Theatre, 600 E. Grace Street
The Special Olympics are here! Support them! Love them! Volunteer to cheer for them!
- Friday, June 10th-Saturday, June 11th see event guide for times (PDF)
- University of Richmond Robins Stadium
It’s exactly like the Field Day event from elementary school, except instead of Capri Sun, there’s beer. And instead of being at a public school, it’s benefitting public schools. And instead of a dress code reinforced by teachers, there’s a uniform contest judged by a giant flying squirrel named Nutzy.
- Saturday, June 11th • 11:00 AM
- Bon Secours Redskins Training Center, 2401 W. Leigh Street
This festival will highlight the finest local wines, vodkas, and salad selection that Richmond has to offer. No, just kidding, although that sounds like it would be a pleasant festival too.
- Saturday, June 11th • 12:00-6:00 PM
- Richmond International Raceway Complex, 600 E. Laburnum Avenue
Bacon cures all things. Hunger, hangovers, depression, fights. If only the Bacon Festival had been around during the Civil War, we might never have had this North vs. South disagreement. I bet even Jefferson Davis would have given in for a bacon-wrapped hot dog.
- Sunday, June 12th • 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- 17th Street Farmers’ Market, 100 N. 17th Street