Awww, you guys! I’m going to miss bossing you and your families around every week!
Fun fact: She’s the Man is based on this Shakespeare comedy. And if it you can’t see an on-stage adaptation of that Amanda Bynes classic, I guess a performance of the original play will do. It’s good stuff: mistaken identities, ruses, blunders-and what kid doesn’t love blunders?!
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday performances through June 26th • 7:30 PM
- Agecroft Hall, 4305 Sulgrave Road
Groovy Nate doesn’t just perform family-friendly music, no. There are puppets, comedy, and interactive movement involved. I’m not sure what “interactive movement” involves, exactly, but it sounds like something we parents should be wishing our kids got more of. Also: food trucks!
- Friday, June 10th • 5:00 – 7:00 PM
- Children’s Museum of Richmond Central, 2626 W. Broad Street
- Free with museum admission ($9; $8 for seniors; free for members and kids under 1
They missed a big opportunity by not naming this “Whooo-whooo-whoooo’s Awake?” Anyway, spend the evening hiking the grounds of Maymont and learning about its nighttime residents. For ages 4 and up; children 18 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Friday, June 10th • 7:30 – 9:30 PM
- Maymont Nature Center, 2201 Shields Lake Drive
- $8 per person ($6 for members)
Those crazy penguins..always…OK to be honest with you, I’m not sure what those penguins do. I always fall asleep halfway through the Madagascar movies-not because they’re especially bad, but because I’m especially old and tired. Hope the seats in the Robinson Theater are comfy!
- Friday, June 10th • 7:00 PM
- Robinson Theatre Community Arts Center, 2903 Q Street
- Free (but don’t forget the $.50 snack bar!)
Make some noise for the amazing athletes competing in Special Olympics Virginia’s Summer Games! The opening ceremonies will feature performances from American Idol finalist Rayvon Owen and Richmond Ballet’s Minds in Motion Team XXL. Cheer for the track and field events on Saturday and you’ll also get to enjoy Olympic Town, where they’ll have all kinds of fun activities AND free snackies!
- Friday, June 10th • 7:30 PM and Saturday, June 11th • 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Robins Stadium, University of Richmond