Hello, March! They say you come in like a lion, and judging by Richmond’s line up this weekend, I guess lions are really fun and have diverse interests!
Photo by: bobert1980
Celebrate (what would have been) Dr. Seuss’s 112th birthday with stories, games, prizes, and snacks–hopefully green eggs and ham are involved.
- Wednesday, March 2nd • 10:30 AM
- Main Library, 101 E. Franklin Street
Support our Rams and Spiders (I’m refusing to call them “Lady Rams” and “Lady Spiders” anymore. Athletes are athletes) as they take on teams from across seven states and Washington DC–and maybe each other? Other teams included in the tournament are: Davidson College, University of Dayton, Duquesne University, Fordham University, George Mason University, The George Washington University, La Salle University, the University of Massachusetts, the University of Rhode Island, St. Bonaventure University, Saint Joseph’s University, and Saint Louis University.
- Wednesday, March 2nd through Sunday, March 6th • see website for game times
- Richmond Coliseum, 601 E. Leigh Street
- $12 general admission
It’s like I always say: If you’re going to pay $8 to see a squirrel, make sure it’s one that can water ski. And has apparently been doing so since 1979? I don’t know if it’s possible for a squirrel to live that long, but I also didn’t know it was possible to train a squirrel to do anything, let alone stand on water skis and hold onto a rope with its creepy, rat-ish fingers. So what the hell do I know? Please note: Twiggy wears a tiny red cape.
- Friday, March 4th through Saturday, March 6th • see website for showtimes
- 40th Annual Richmond Home & Garden Show at Richmond International Raceway, 600 E. Laburnum Avenue
- $8 (kids 16 and under are free)
Sure, the reviews for this were meh, but who cares when it only costs you one smackeroo per person? Also: everyone loves Chris Pratt. It’s like a rule.
- Friday, March 4th • 7:00 PM and Saturday, March 5th • 2:00 PM and 7:00 PM
- Henrico Theatre, 305 E. Nine Mile Road
Spring is this close to…uh…springing, so let’s help one of Richmond’s parks pretty up for the occasion.
- Saturday, March 5th • 9:00 AM — 12:00 PM
- Bryan Park, 4308 Hermitage Road