Assuming you’ve managed to dig your way out of the snow, that is…
(Heads up: At the time of writing, nary new a flake has fallen. Please check the website for each event to make sure it’s still happening.)
We all know that back talk is the pits, but many of us aren’t sure what to do about it. Get some practical tips on how to nip that behavior in the bud.
- Wednesday, February 18th • 6:30 PM
- Children’s Museum of Richmond – Central, 2626 W. Broad Street
2. Monster Jam
Try to read the names of these trucks in a non-gravelly voice: Grave Digger…Carolina Crusher…Storm Damage…Hurricane Force…Thrasher…and (my personal favorite) Crushstation! I love it!
- Friday, February 20th and Saturday, February 21st • 7:30 PM (with an additional 2:00 PM show on Saturday)
- Richmond Coliseum, 601 E. Leigh Street
- $20 – $30 (tickets for kids five to 12 are half price)
Still checking out preschool options for the fall? Robots and Mud Pies Preschool (located in the West End) will start taking applications today, but all are welcome to come by on Saturday to learn more about the school and its focus on STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) education.
- Saturday, February 21st • 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Robots and Mud Pies Preschool, 2517 Grenoble Road
I feel feelings when I think about the possibility of watching this movie in the theater with our son. Fun fact: I walked down aisle to the theme song–and nobody even booed me! What a missed opportunity, wedding guests! (Note: it is highly likely that every single person in the theater will say every single line of this movie. Whether that’s a pro or con is up to you.)
- Saturday, February 21st and Sunday, February 22nd • 11:00 AM
- Movieland, 1301 N. Boulevard
The Backpack Storyteller is making her way to the Southside for an afternoon of African folk tales and an Anansi craft–a perfect late-afternoon activity for preschool- and elementary-age kids as Black History Month comes to a close at the end of next week.
- Monday, February 23rd &bull 4:30 PM
- Hull Street Library, 1400 Hull Street Road
- Free! (Registration is required; please call 804-646-8699 to sign up)
Photo by: uwnews