This weekend is brought to you by the letter F: food, a festival, fanciness, and even a flea market!
Picture it: Richmond, later today. Your kids are tired and hungry. You’re tired, hungry, and probably in need of an adult beverage. Head up to Ashland to enjoy live music, brews, and food served to you from motor vehicles at Century of the Universe Brewing Company’s newly renovated beer garden.
- Wednesday, April 23rd • 5:00 — 9:00 PM
- Center of the Universe Brewing Company, 11293 Air Park Road
- Free to get in, but food and booze’ll cost ya
Richmond’s annual Earth Day celebration is even bigger this year with longer hours and some additional space on Mayo Island. In addition to fun stuff like kid’s crafts, performances from local bands, and demos on how you and your family can live more sustainably, this year’s festival also includes a kite festival, petting farm, and an Earth Day biking adventure.
- Saturday, April 26th • 11:00 AM — 7:00 PM
- Manchester/Mayo Island
- Free admission
Fancy Nancy fans ages 4 to 11 are cordially invited to put on their fanciest clothes and join the ladies and gentlemen at Ginter Park Library for a fancy story time, a fancy craft, and some fancy refreshments.
- Saturday, April 26th • 3:00 PM
- Ginter Park Library, 1200 Westbrook Avenue
- Free (but please call 804-646-1236 to register)
4. Tutus & Tea
If that’s just not fancy enough for you, might I interest you in an afternoon featuring ballerinas and tutus? Sweets, sandwiches, tea, and lemonade will be on hand as you enjoy a fashion show of Richmond Ballet tutus and costumes. Kids will also get a chance to take their own walk down the runway, so make sure they’ve got on their favorite tutus or vests!
- Sunday, April 27th • 2:00 — 4:00 PM
- The Crown Plaza, 555 E. Canal Street
- $45 for one parent and one child and $25 for additional children (benefits Richmond Ballet and The School of Richmond Ballet); email firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase tickets.
Browse through art, music, jewelry, clothing, and handmade wares at this “psychedelic-themed” pop-up flea market–a little something different to help you fight off those Sunday afternoon blues.
- Sunday, April 27th • 1:00 — 5:00 PM
- Strange Matter, 929 W. Grace Street
- Free admission
Photo by: Carolyn Moffat/Richmond Ballet