The cold never bothered you anyway, right? JK JK, of course it did, it was awful. But good news! Things are looking up for this weekend, and the good ol’ RVA has tons of fun in store for you and the fam.
The way I see it, there are three stages in the typical parent’s relationship with Frozen, the latest ear worm-fest of a film from Disney:
Stage 2: “No. I do not want to build a snowman. Stop it. Stop. Stahhhhhhhhp.”
Stage 3: “I will let it go! I am one with the wind and sky!”
Don’t fight it. Just go. Also: the event info doesn’t say it is a sing-along, but it doesn’t say it isn’t one either.
- Wednesday, March 19th and Thursday, March 20th • 7:15 PM
- The Byrd Theatre, 2908 W. Cary Street
- $1.99 per ticket
The Sketchbook Project Mobile Library will roll into VCU this Friday to let Richmonders check out its collection of thousands of handmade sketchbooks created by artists from all over the world. Each book in the collection is catalogued and searchable by theme, medium, geographic location, so all family members should be able to find something to suit their respective fancies. And for $25 you can create your own sketchbook to become part of the permanent collection housed at Brooklyn Art Library.
- Friday, March 21st • 1:00 — 5:00 PM
- VCU Compass Plaza, 900 Park Avenue
- Free to browse; $25 to create a book (and let ’em know you’re coming)
Hey, DIYers! Neighborhood Housing Services of Richmond will host their annual yard sale this weekend where you can get your mitts on everything from lighting fixtures to sinks to cabinetry. They’ll also have music, games, and food on hand to keep your little ones occupied as you bargain hunt.
- Saturday, March 22nd • 7:00 AM — 5:00 PM
- Neighborhood Housing Services of Richmond, 2712 Chamberlayne Avenue
- Free admission; vendor tables are $20 (call 804-329-2500 for more info)
St. Patrick’s Day was kind of the pits thanks to the weather, but fear not! You’ve got one more chance to get your Irish-centric revelry in. Bands, food, kids activities–all kinds of fine, family fun.
- Saturday, March 22nd • 10:00 AM — 7:00 PM and Sunday, March 23rd • 10:00 AM — 6:00 PM
- Broad and 25th Streets
- $5 donation (proceeds go to charities all over Richmond)
Got kids bitten by the theater and/or music bugs? Let them spend the day seeing what Richmond’s performing arts community has to offer through workshops from the likes of Virginia Repertory Theatre, Richmond Ballet, SPARC, Richmond Symphony, and more. Limited pre-registration is now open, so get those kiddos signed up!
- Saturday, March 22nd • 12:00 — 5:00 PM
- Richmond CenterStage, 600 E. Grace Street
Photo by: fdecomite