Quick! More cold weather is likely headed our way next week, so best get those kids out and cultured while you can.
Fine family fun in the form of 12 hours of 28 local bluegrass bands, food trucks, and open jam sessions. Admission is free, but tax-deductible donations will be accepted with ALL proceeds going to Richmond Fisher House, the “home away from home” for families of veterans receiving care at the Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center.
- Saturday, February 22nd • 12:00 — midnight
- The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen, 2880 Mountain Road
- Free admission, but please make a donation (you can even do it online!)
Continue celebrating 2014, the year of the horse, with what’s looking to be a total, family-friendly blow-out. Art demonstrations (complete with make-and-take crafts for guests), dance performances, film screenings–you name it. I also hear dancing lions and dragons will be making the rounds throughout the day, so keep an eye out.
- Saturday, February 22nd • 1:00 — 4:00 PM
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, 200 N. Boulevard
3. Monster Jam
Giant, heavy trucks racing around, smashing stuff, and sometimes flying through the air. Need I say more?
- Saturday, February 22nd • 2:00 PM
- Richmond Coliseum, 601 E. Leigh Street
- $21-$31 (children over 2 will need tickets)
Get your little ones hooked on the STEM world as they watch middle and high school competitors race CO2-powered dragsters, test the strength of Popsicle stick bridges, and try to protect raw eggs as they fall from high heights.
- Sunday, February 23rd • 12:00 — 5:00 PM
- Science Museum of Virginia, 2500 W. Broad Street
- Included in museum admission
Feed the kids dinner, get them in their PJs, head over to the library, and let the pros handle story time for the night.
- Monday February 24th • 6:30 — 7:15 PM
- Chesterfield Central Library, 9501 Lori Road and Clover Hill Library, 6701 Deer Run Drive
Photo by: Madison Price