Get the swim trucks out of the closet and find the sunscreen, it’s pool time.
Today, June 20th, the City of Richmond’s public pools1 will open for business–the business of free swimming, that is! Weekday hours are 1:00 to 8:00 PM. Free swim is from 1:00 to 4:30 PM; family swim[^1] will be from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM; and adult swim is from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Weekend hours are 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM on Saturdays and 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM on Sundays. As I mentioned, admission is $0.
The pools will stay open throughout the summer before closing up on Labor Day, September 7th.
— ∮∮∮ —
- Bellmeade Pool (1800 Lynhaven Avenue)
- Swansboro Pool (3160 Midlothian Turnpike)
- Fairmount Pool (2000 U Street)
- Powhatan Pool (5051 Northhampton Street)
- Woodville Pool (2305 Fairfield Avenue)
- Battery Park Pool (2917 Dupont Circle) CLOSED FOR NOW DUE TO POWER OUTAGE
- Hotchkiss Pool (701 E. Brookland Park Boulevard)
- Blackwell Pool (238 E. 14th Street)
- Randolph Pool (1401 Grayland Avenue)
For more information on City of Richmond pools (including details on water safety instruction and swim teams), visit the Richmond Parks, Recreation & Community Facilities website.
- Parents/guardians must accompany their children during these hours. ↩
Photo by: EvelynGiggles