Gorge on Lebanese food, wine, and pickles. Or bike through the Capital Trail. Or do it all! You have two whole days.
Photo by: CabooseSpiceCo
Everyone says Thanksgiving is the one day a year you can eat all you want without feeling guilty. But I think that food festival season also counts. Basically what I’m saying is, fill up on tabouli and kebabs and this thing called zalabia. Then watch some football and take a nap.
- Friday, May 13th – Sunday, May 15th • Friday and Saturday 10:00 AM-10:00 PM, Sunday 10:00 AM-8:00 PM
- Saint Anthony Maronite Church, 4611 Sadler Road
- Free to attend!
This Capital Trail is a big deal because it connects Richmond to Williamsburg. Which means, yes, us Richmonders can now safely and comfortably ride our bikes to our favorite first Virginia capital. And what better way to celebrate this newly completed trail than biking on it?! Or at least part of it!? They’ve got a 100-mile circuit for you zealous bikers, all the way down to a leisurely 15-miler.
- Saturday, May 14th • 7:30 AM-4:30 PM
- Charles City County Courthouse, 10760 Courthouse Road
- Prices vary based on selected trail. See site for details
A wine festival…what is there to say? Unlimited samples of local wine. Unlimited tannins. Unlimited swirly things you do with your glass. Unlimited fun.
- Saturday, May 14th • 12:00-6:00 PM
- Innsbrook Pavilion, 4901 Lake Brook Drive
- $17 in advance or $25 at the gate
Pregnant people, rejoice, there’s an entire festival dedicated to pickles and to other pickled and fermented products. Wash it all down with some ice cream for the most satisfying afternoon you’ll have for nine months. Non-pregnant people, wash it down with some fermented hop water brewed just a few feet away.
- Saturday, May 14th • 1:00 PM
- Center of the Universe Brewing, 11293 Air Park Road
So maybe you missed The Lion King and you’re lamenting the lack of theater in your life lately. Well, Summer & Smoke is a great way to get back on track, even though it’s a little bit less about lions ruling Africa and a little bit more about a young lady’s evolving sexuality in the Victorian era. It’s just the circle of life, you know?
- Through May 15th
- Virginia Repertory Theater, 13181 Hanover Courthouse Road
- Tickets starting at $30