Art is ahead, in addition to bikes, nature, and film— are you prepared?
Photo by: Mr. Ducke
Pizza + bikes + the homies = a pretty gosh darn good time if I do say so myself.
- Saturday, May 28th • 5:00 PM until it’s over
- Carytown Bike Shop, 3112 W. Cary Street
If you haven’t heard of ART 180 by now. Then you aren’t taking life seriously. Seriously people, get involved and plugged in with the youth. We may bark, but we don’t bite (usually we don’t). This artist workshop this Friday will be about zine-making, led by Berangér LeFranc. Following the artist workshop will be a teen-led open mic. There will also be free food, so that’s a huge perk too.
- Friday, May 27th • 4:00 – 6:00 PM (Artist Workshop), 6:00 – 8:00 PM (Open Mic)
- ATLAS Art Space, 114 W Marshall Street
Little do you guys know, I love small scale films. Similar to writing, films are a medium that takes the viewer on a journey–whether from start to finish or just trying to convey an opinion. It’s a double process: one process of creating and constructing and another of the viewer’s experience. Also one of my favorite pastimes in life is asking questions…good thing there’s that panel afterwards, right?
- Saturday, May 28th • 5:30 – 8:00 PM
- Science Museum of Virginia , 2500 W Broad Street
Friday Cheers is back and better! With a solid dose of your favorite local talent, this Friday is sure to be one of the best.
- Friday, May 27th • 6:00 – 9:30 PM
- Tredegar Iron Works, 500 Tredegar Street
I think we can all mostly agree that nature is beautiful. However, the questions come: are we willing to drive to Chester to go on a small hike and observe nature with a bunch of strangers? If not, I think you should reconsider your priorities. And if so, then this is the event for you!
- Saturday, May 28th • 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- Chester Linear Park, Ecoff Road Chester, Virginia
- Mostly Free