The rain has us all feeling like we’re this close to sprouting mushrooms, but shake off the fungi and be fun guys! And gals!
Photo by: 1eyephotography
Music, outdoor sports, food, the Mighty James, and, of course…
- Friday, May 20th through Sunday, May 22nd • see website for schedule of events
- Brown’s Island, bottom of 12th Street
- Free admission
Celebrate Art 180’s spring projects featuring work created by the young artists of the Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club, St. Andrew’s School, Charterhouse School, Northstar Academy, Richmond Juvenile Detention Center, Bon Air Juvenile Correctional Facility, St. Joseph’s Villa, Redd Elementary, Binford Middle, Lucille Brown Middle, Fairfield Middle, and Wilder Middle.
- Friday, May 20th • 5:00 – 7:30 PM
- Abner Clay Park, on Brook Road between Leigh and Clay Streets
It’s yard sale season! Yes, it’s a thing; I decided. Several houses are participating, so you’re sure to find some good…erm…finds.
- Saturday, May 21st • 7:45 AM – 2:00 PM
- Pick up house maps at Woodland Heights Baptist Church, 611 W. 31st Street
- Cost will vary depending on your negotiation skills
I…whooooo…I’m feeling lots of feelings about watching this movie in a place as magical as the Byrd Theatre. Who’s chopping onions in here?!
- Saturday, May 21st • 10:00 AM (box office opens at 9:30 AM)
- Byrd Theatre, 2908 W. Cary Street
Pop quiz, Hot Shot. The Science of Museum reveals its much-anticipated exhibit featuring the SR-71 Blackbird supersonic jet and over 50 speed-related exhibits, including an interactive light race that travels along the ceiling of the striking 10,000 square-foot exhibition. What do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?2
- Opens Saturday, May 21st • 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM Tuesday through Saturday; 11:30 AM – 5:00 PM Sunday
- Science Museum of Virginia, 2500 W. Broad Street
- $10-$16 (free for members and kids 3 and under)