One of this week’s featured events involves using elbows to entertain people. If that doesn’t intrigue you, well, I don’t really know what to do with you.
Photo by: Earthworm
This looks so fun.
Peruvian-based puppeteers Teatro Hugo Ines use their hands, knees, feet, elbows, and a few props to create a charming cast of characters living “the poetic moments of daily life.”
- Friday, April 8th • 7:30 PM; Saturday, April 9th • 3:00 PM1 and 7:00 PM
- Gottwald Playhouse, 600 E. Grace Street
You know how all those experts say that kids are more likely to eat food they had a part in making or growing? Come find out if that’s all a bunch of hooey! Kids ages 4 and up are invited to come get their hands dirty as they create a container garden of their own.
- Friday, April 8th &bull 4:00 PM
- Main Library, 101 E. Franklin Street
Spots are still available for the Science Museum of Virginia’s next camp-in, a middle school girls-only event focused on the world of medicine. Campers will have the chance to talk with female medical leaders in the fields of gynecology, emergency medicine, health and wellness, pediatrics, and cardiology, and explore the world of nursing with Melanie Green, Provost for the Bon Secours School of Nursing program.
- Friday, April 8th through Saturday, April 9th • 6:00 PM – 9:00 AM
- Science Museum of Virginia, 2500 W. Broad Street
- $10 per child and $10 per adult; pre-registration is required
Whether you’re running or watching, this is one of Richmond’s funnest days of the year. Just avoid looking at your weather app, if you’re trying to keep it posi.
- Saturday, April 9th • 8:00 AM start for the Kids Run; 8:30 AM start for the 10k
- Monroe Park area, (see course info for details)
- $45-$55 if you’re running2; $0 if you’re showing up to cheer
Clinical social worker and motivational speaker Lilian Trahan will serve as the keynote speaker during this event exploring how to navigate the world of exceptional education. Workshops will include tips and tools for talking to school staff; addressing challenging behavior; and speech and language development. Lunch and childcare will be provided!
- Saturday, April 9th • 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School, 1000 Mosby Street