Here comes a weekend, Richmond. Oh yes, it’s a weekend.
Photo by: SixRevisions
“Here comes a lion, Father.
Oh yes, it’s a lion.”
Have I ruined it for you? Hopefully not because the stage production of this Disney classic apparently never fails to amaze the mess out of everyone.2
- Runs through Sunday, May 8th • see website for show times
- Altria Theater, 6 S. Laurel Street
- $28 and up
2. Denim Drive
Spring has sprung, so it’s high time you go through those winter clothes and pass along what you and your kids can’t wear anymore. All items collected will benefit Goodwill of Central Virginia and Hampton Roads. Also! The Henrico County Public Schools that bring in the most donations will be awarded some cash-money-money.
- Saturday, April 23rd • 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM and Sunday, April 24th • 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Regency Square Mall, 1420 N. Parham Road
- However long it takes you to sort through and bag up your family’s no-longer-needed denim items
Kayak rides on the James, a 5K race, performances by Jesse the Juggler, guided bike rides along the Virginia Capital Trail, a bouldering wall, a hip hop dance class for families, a craft market, and much more–just what Earth always wanted!
- Saturday, April 23rd • 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Great Shiplock Park, Pearl and Dock Streets
- Free admission (5K is $30)
Slip on your favorite superhero mask, tie on your commemorative superhero cape (which comes with your registration!), and pound the pavement in honor of those living with congenital heart defects (or CHD). Funds raised will be used to provide support, education, research, and create awareness for CHD, the most common birth defect worldwide3.
- Sunday, April 24th • 8:30 AM registration and family activities; 10:00 AM 2K/5K start
- Bryan Park, 4308 Hermitage Road
- $25 for adults; $10 for ages12 and under; Heart Heroes with CHD run for free!
Like Toy Story but with dancing inspired by some of the ballet world’s favorite stories, including Cinderella, The Nutcracker_, The Sleeping Beauty, and Don Quixote. And probably less emotional manipulation.
- Sunday, April 24th • 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM
- Carpenter Theatre at Dominion Arts Center, 600 E. Grace Street
- $10 (does include online order fees; visit the Richmond Ballet Box Office at 407 E. Canal Street to save on fees)