Almost all of these activities take place outside. Enough said, right?
I thought it would be so clever to write this description in French, but here’s the thing, I don’t know any French. Luckily for me, and all you other people who don’t speak French, every one of these films will still be very enlightening, edifying, and enjoyable because, English subtitles, obviously!
- Wednesday, March 31st – Sunday, April 3rd • see site
- The Byrd Theatre, 2908 W. Cary Street
- $15 or VIP
It’s back! Southside Speedway is kicking off their season this weekend. They’ll have all of the drivers you know and love, all of those whooshing cars you know know and love, and all of that exhilarating speed you wish you could implement on your daily commute home.
- Friday, April 1st • 6:00 PM
- Southside Speedway, 12800 Genito Road
This Friday is the monthly First Friday art walk, which can only mean one thing. Well, it means a lot of things, but one of those things is the Studio Two Three Trunk Show at Quirk Gallery. And that means handmade art pieces by really talented artists. Swing by Quirk while enjoying all of the local culture on Broad Street, and maybe buy a thing or two. And hey, they’ll be around on Saturday too!
- Friday, April 1st from 5:00 – 9:00 PM • Saturday, April 2nd from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Quirk Gallery 207 W. Broad Street
This is exactly like a real rodeo, except instead of bulls, there’s food trucks, and instead of lassos, there’s handcrafted popsicles, and instead of being in a stadium, it’s in the parking lot of a mall. But other than that, it’s just like a real rodeo. A really delicious rodeo.
- Sunday, April 3rd • 12:00 – 6:00 PM
- Chesterfield Towne Center, 11500 Midlothian Turnpike
In the Japanese culture, cherry blossoms are often celebrated as symbols of hope, rebirth, and humility (beauty too, most likely, because man are they pretty). The Japanese Student Association at VCU is bringing us an entire festival associated with this incredible flower; included will be music, entertainment, and that gooey feeling you get when you know it’s officially spring.
- Sunday, April 3rd • 12:30 – 4:30 PM
- Virginia Commonwealth University, 907 Floyd Avenue