The final Friday Cheers—that’s a fact that does not fill us with much Friday Cheer at all. Oh well, at least it’ll be a good show!
Photo via TheWoodBrothers.com
This is it! The final Friday Cheers of the 2015 season. We hardly knew ye!
Things kick off at 6:00 PM; tickets are $10, and children under 12 are free. Here’s a quick preview of what to expect this week, and, of course, there’s more info on their Facebook page.
— ∮∮∮ —
The Wood Brothers
- Genre: Bluesy Americana
- Sounds kinda like: If your best friend was a upright bass
- Sweet jam: “The Muse”
- Listen to the album: The Muse on rdio »
Two brothers diverged in a wood, and I–I took the one where the brothers merged back together many years later into this great Blues / Americana band called The Wood Brothers. Chis Wood, one of the eponymous brothers, is a founder of Medeski Martin & Wood–kind of a big deal! The whole thing has this kind of bass-forward The Band sound, which I’m obviously a big fan of.
— ∮∮∮ —
- Genre: Soul? Rock? Whatever it is, it’s awesome
- Sounds kinda like: The True Blood opening credits
- Sweet jam: “Your Love Will Blow Me Away When My Heart Aches”
- Listen to the album: Things I Forgot on rdio »
What a way to close out 2015! Soulful and dark, Son Little is something that I’ll be listening to for the rest of the summer. The only downside is there aren’t six thousand albums for me to listen to over the next several months.
— ∮∮∮ —