Come on down to the island and celebrate the final Friday Cheers of 2014.
Awww man, it’s 2014’s last Friday Cheers! Time really does fly when you’re listening to live music on an island in the middle of an urban center. This, the last week, is a good one, so head down to Brown’s Island on Friday–we’ll see you there! Things kick off at 6:00 PM; tickets are $10, and children under 12 are free. Here’s a quick preview of what to expect this week, and, of course, there’s more info on their Facebook page.
And don’t forget: Friday Cheers celebrates their 30th anniversary this year! Join in the celebrations by tagging your various social medias with #CheersTo30.
— ∮∮∮ —
- Genre: Poppy folky country-type tunes–maybe Americana’s a better word for it?
- Sounds kinda like: Tami Taylor
- Sweet jam: “Calling Cards”
- Listen to the album: The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight, The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You on rdio »
Here she is, the final act of the final Friday Cheers in 2014; Neko Case is a Big Deal. She’s got a couple of grammy nominations to her name, including one in 2014 for Best Alternative Music Album for her current release. Just ten bones gets you into this weekend’s biggest party on an island, there’s no reason not to go!
— ∮∮∮ —
- Genre: Country folky poppy-type tunes–maybe Americana’s still a better word for it?
- Sounds kinda like: Neko Case, actually, but if you met her in dark alley
- Sweet jam: “Finster Saw the Angels”
- Listen to the album: Warp and Weft on rdio »
Laura Veirs pairs perfectly with Neko Case–like beer and snacks, wine and crudités, or bourbon and a glass. Some of her jams get weird, which I think is wonderful and an excellent way to ride out the end of this Friday Cheers season.
Photo by: Guus Krol