Two excellent bands take the stage on Brown’s Island at this week’s Friday Cheers.
Things kick off at 6:00 PM; tickets are $10, and children under 12 are free. Here’s a quick preview of what to expect this week, and, of course, there’s more info on their Facebook page.
And don’t forget: Friday Cheers celebrates their 30th anniversary this year! Join in the celebrations by tagging your various social medias with #CheersTo30.
— ∮∮∮ —
Kopecky Family Band
- Genre: Indie rock family-band music
- Sounds kinda like: Exactly this picture
- Sweet jam: “Heartbeat”
- Listen to the album: Kids Raising Kids on rdio »
Kopecky Family Band’s Nashville-born sound is exactly what you’d think it would be: bearded, flanneled, and heartfelt. Plus, these dudes were on Leno1, and, way more importantly, their music has been featured on The Vampire Diaries. While “Heartbeat” is the single, check out “My Way” which has a big, brass finish.
— ∮∮∮ —
J. Roddy Walson & The Business
- Genre: Straight up rock
- Sounds kinda like: A man using a piano and guitar to escape a small cabin in the woods
- Sweet jam: “Same Days”
- Listen to the album: Essential Tremors on SoundCloud »
I’m continually surprised by the quality of these local bands that I’ve always heard about but never sat down and listened to. J. Roddy Walson & The Business, which remind me of this classic Ron Cherry call, are definitely something I’ve missed out on–which I regret and makes me want to kick myself square in the business.
Photo by: System58.photos by David Alan Kidd
- Remember when The Tonight Show wasn’t Jimmy Fallon? I certainly don’t ↩