This Friday down on the island, alt-country and some amazing soul to close out your week.
Things kick off at 6:00 PM; tickets are $10, and children under 12 are free. Here’s a quick preview of what to expect this week, and, of course, there’s more info on their Facebook page.
And don’t forget: Friday Cheers celebrates their 30th anniversary this year! Join in the celebrations by tagging your various social medias with #CheersTo30.
— ∮∮∮ —
St. Paul and the Broken Bones
- Genre: Alabama Soul
- Sounds kinda like: Brassy get down with the get down
- Sweet jam: “Call Me”
- Listen to the album: Half the City on rdio »
Whoa dudes, whoa. The tunes that are about to pour forth from your speakers or headphones are unlike anything I’ve heard since Friday Cheers introduced me to Charles Bradley. Also, because I am a bad person, I would have never guessed that such sounds could come out of this guy.
— ∮∮∮ —
- Genre: Alt-country jammer jams
- Sounds kinda like: An untucked, wrinkly chambray button up
- Sweet jam: “Penitentiary”
- Listen to the album: From the Hills Below the City on rdio »
You had me at female vocalist, then, with the organ, you had me again.
Photo by: wfuv