You can take the Shamrock out of Shockoe but you can’t take the Irish.
The festival that won’t be named might have moved to a new location but that doesn’t mean nothing is going in Shockoe. Quite to the contrary not only is it the debut of a brand new festival but every bar I know of is running specials and many have live music.
I’m not saying you’re going to drink too much but if your buddy partakes of a Guinness too many throw him or her in a cab.
Shockoe Fest is Saturday, March 15, 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
The 17th Street Farmers’ Market is the main location with activities and food along 17th Street from Main Street to Grace Street and along the full stretch of Franklin Street, from Ambler Street to 18th Street.
- 11am – Exebelle & The Rusted Cavalcade
- 11:45am – Jimmy Catlett Group
- 12:30pm – Metro Richmond Police Emerald Society Pipes & Drums
- 1pm – Muggivan School of Irish Dance Performance
- 1:30pm – Bucket
- 2:15pm – Lucky Stiffs
- 2:40pm – Muggivan School of Irish Dance Performance
- 3pm – Matt Conner
- 3:45pm – Metro Richmond Police Emerald Society Pipes & Drums
- 2 moon bounces
- Face painting
- Hands-on children’s activities
- Nadar’s Bistro
- Virginia Concessions
- Society Restaurant
- Soul Ice
- Harp Lager
- Smithwick’s Irish Ale
- Miller Lite
(Editors note: Bummer they couldn’t get some local stouts or porters on that list.)