To celebrate its accomplishments (and win over new fans), the Richmond Ballet has scheduled a week’s worth of festivities for March.
The Richmond Ballet has announced a week-long series of events to be held in March to celebrate its accomplishments. Running from March 17th – 24th, Leap Week will include several performances, film screenings, and public exhibits.
“Here in Richmond, many people have not experienced the world of ballet, but this week will give them the opportunity to get to know Richmond Ballet in an up-close and personal way,” said Richmond Ballet Managing Director, Brett Bonda.
Scheduled events include:
- Sunday, March 17th • dance-related film screenings at newly opened Critereon Cinemas at Movieland.
- Monday, March 18th • special evening with Ballet dancers at Can Can and other restaurants.
- Tuesday, March 19th • a behind-the-scenes look at the Richmond Ballet building on Canal Street.
- Wednesday, March 20th • art exhibition featuring original works of art depicting Ballet dancers.
- Thursday, March 21st • special events at Short Pump and Stony Point.
- Friday, March 22nd • Richmond Ballet and The Royal Ballet School perform in the Studio Theatre, followed by a reception.
- Saturday, March 23rd • dance classes in the day, followed in the evening with cocktails at Page Bond Gallery and dinner at Try-me.
- Sunday, March 24th • final performance of The Royal Ballet School Graduate Class, visiting from London.
For more information on Leap Week, please visit the Richmond Ballet’s website.