Local traffic projects update
Imagine a day when we don’t have major construction on our major routes and they could focus on the massive potholes.
The following letter was sent out by Councilwoman Kathy Graziano’s office and dated 3/12/15. The updates are bolded and italicized.
- FOREST HILL AVE (LANGDON TO RMA)- The project limits are from the RMA to Langdon on Forest Hill.. This project is 85% complete with one 12” tie-in at RMA. Due to weather conditions and system supply for the area west of this project and a Rail Road crossing this tie-in has been moved out to spring (April-May). – No Change
- FOREST HILL AVE (DORCHESTER TO LANGDON) – The project limits are from the Langdon to Dorchester on Forest Hill. A 6” tie-in was completed this week. This project is 90% complete with approximately 8-10 services to complete on Forest Hill. These services should be complete within 3-4 weeks. We also have a 12” tie-in at the Rail road bridge and will follow the same schedule as above. As part of this project we are also working on Leicester. All that is left on Leicester is services and these should be completed within 3-4 weeks. – Service work on Forest Hill between the railroad bridge and Langdon has started. This should be completed within two to three weeks. We still have a few services on Leicester to complete.
- FOREST HILL & WESTOVER HILLS -The project limits are from Dorchester to Westover Hills on Forest Hill. When we get to Jahnke Road we will turn north and go down the alley to Westover Hills. This project will start next week and should take 6-8 weeks to get out of Forest Hill. This will include services and main. – Main installation along Forest Hill in the 5100 & 5200 blocks continues. Once we turn onto Prince Arthur we will gas up from Dorchester and start service work.
- SEMMES AVE & FOREST HILL AVE – The project limits are from Bland Street to Dundee along Forest Hill. This project is scheduled to start on February 2nd and last for 2-3 weeks. This will have a detour on Forest Hill from Roanoke to Dundee on the east bound lanes daily and will reopen each night. – Work along this section continues. We have made it up to Dundee Ave and starting to cross the intersection. With all of the utilities in the intersection this is taking more time. This project will take at least 2-3 weeks.
- SEMMES AVE AND 32ND ST – The project limits are from Forest Hill to W. 31st along Semmes Ave. This project is 60% complete. Service work and tie-ins should take 4-6 weeks. The main has been installed on Semmes. We have approximately 30 services to complete on Semmes and some work north and south of Semmes to complete. – Crews are working on 32nd and 33rd Street. Service work on Semmes will continue for the next 3-4 weeks.
- 31ST STREET AND NEW KENT AVE – The project limits for this project is north of Semmes and will not start until the project at Semmes and Forest Hill is complete. Once this project is started it will take 3-4 months for main and service work to be done. No change.
Note that all times are based on good weather conditions and no construction issues. Based on past experience in these areas we have encountered rock which will delay and push out our completion times.
Image above was created here and was not actually part of any local construction project so please don’t call the Department of Public Works.
Report an error
Subscribe to our
Notice: Comments that are not conducive to an interesting and thoughtful conversation may be removed at the editor’s discretion.
What’s the deal with Leigh street by the colusium?
Replacing the 5th/7th street bridges over Leigh Street.
Meanwhile, is the new guardrail work for JRPS completed? They’re doing a stellar job, but Riverside Dr. was not a viable alternate route for a little while.