…and look good doing it.
So you’re planning on heading down to the Earth Day Richmond Festival this Saturday at Great Shiplock Park. Maybe you don’t live in the lofts adjacent to the festival, will have to take some form of transportation down there, and are already shouting about how much you hate parking downtown.
Well, there are less-shouty options:
- There is a limited amount of street parking around the festival site, but you may have to circle the block a few times (which, by the way, is how parking works in all of the world’s metropolitan areas).
- If you end up over by the 17th Street Farmers Market you can take one of the free shuttles down to the festival–they’ll run from 9:00 AM–5:30 PM.
- But this is a festival celebrating Mother Earth–Gaia herself! Maybe you want avoid burning as many fossile fuels as possible. If that’s your vibe, hail a Spoken4 pedicab and ride around in style / on the back of a bike charriot thing. They’ll show up around the 17th Street Farmers Market at 10:00 AM and are free for festivalgoers.
- Why drive alllllll the way down there just to take a mode of bike-powered transportation for the last couple of blocks? Ride your own bike the whole way! Folks from Richmond 2015 will be on hand at 25th & Dock Streets offering free bike valet. You’re even entered to win some stuff if you check your bike, and you’ll get a coupon for $1 off a beer or cider–assuming the ABC allows me to convey such information to you.
- If you do live in one of the nearby lofts, just walk on down there, guy! Don’t be lazy.