A million special tappings, tastings, and events!
November 1st – 10th
Friday, November 1st
- Gallery 5 — First Friday 5th Anniversary Screens ‘n’ Suds Party, 6:00 – 10:00 PM
- Max’s Tavern — Screens ‘n’ Suds After Party, 11:00 PM – 2:00 AM. After enjoying great beers and art at Gallery 5 come check out the newest addition to the Richmond Beer Scene. Belgian themed Max’s Tavern has 24 taps and a huge bottle list of all Belgian and Belgian-style beers. Kitchen closes at midnight and last call is at 2:00 AM.
- Olio Legend sampling featuring seasonal beers, 6:30 – 8:30 PM
- Popkin Tavern — RVA Beer Week Kick Off event. Special tappings of various craft beers and a special wooden gravity cask tapping, 6:00 PM – close
- Hardywood Brewery — Quatro Na Bossa (Brazillian Jazz), great music paired with great beers at the brewery, 6:00 PM
- Center of the Universe Brewery — Kick off for El Duderino. El Duderino is COTU’s highly anticipated White Russian Stout, 4:00 – 9:00 PM
Saturday, November 2nd
- Hardywood Park Brewery – Renegade Roller Derby, 3:00pm; Zac Hryciak and the Jungle Beat Record Release, 6:00 PM
- Caboose Wine and Cheeses of Ashland — Train Day Sampling, Beer sampling featuring Center of the Universe Brewing
- Gallery 5 Screens ‘n’ Suds — BIG Beer Event, 3:00 – 10:00 PM
- Casa Del Barco — Day of the Dead Party. Featuring Hardywood 2nd Anniversary Tequila Barrel Aged Belgian Tripel. Food and liquor specials as well, 5:00 PM – close
- Midnight Brewery — Harvest Festival. Midnight beers, Hurricane Johnson band, and Piedmont Smokehouse, 1:00 – 7:00 PM
- Popkin Tavern– High Gravity Fest. Tappings of Imperial Stouts, IPA’s, Barleywines, old ales, with some house cellared selections as well, 6:00 PM
Sunday, November 3rd
- 17th Street Farmers’ Market — 3rd Annual Autumn Bottom Brews. Come down to Shockoe Bottoms Historic 17th Street Market and enjoy a day of local craftsmen, food, music, and beer. All beer proceeds go to the Enrichmond charity, 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Southern Railway Taphouse– Autumn Bottom Brews After Party. SRT has a huge selection of Draft and Bottles craft beers as well as a delicious menu, 5:00 – 10:00 PM
Monday, November 4th
- Carytown — RVA Brewers Parade. The Richmond Area’s breweries will be bar crawling in Carytown. Starting at the Portrait house at 5:30 PM. Brewers and staff from Rusty Beaver, Hardywood, Legend, Midnight, Extra Billys’s, Strangeways, Center of the Universe, Isley Brewing, and Lickinghole Creek will be hitting 7 Cary Town restaurants. Come join the group and support RVA beer! 5:30 – 10:00 PM
- Popkin Tavern — Big Lebowski COTU Tap takeover. Featuring the full line up of Center of the Universe beers including their newest El Duderino White Russian Stout. 6:00 PM – close
- Mekong — Firestone Walker Tap Take Over. Full line up of rare and delicious Firestone Walker beers from sunny California, 5:00 PM
Tuesday, November 5th
- Capital Ale House – Finch Brewing STGN. Featuring 3+ beers on from Finch Brewing in Chicago. Buying a beer will allow you to keep the Finch glass it was poured in. Glassware available while supplys last. 5:00 PM
- Mellow Mushroom – Vote Legend Night. Election themed Legend night. 6:00 PM
- Popkin Tavern — Steal The Grunt Night. Strangeways Grunts and just like growlers only smaller and cuter. Get a grunt of your very own to take home. Featuring a full selection of RVA’s own Strangeway Brewing on tap all evening. 5:00 PM
- Kona Grill — Center of The Universe Beer Dinner. A delicious dinner that the chef at Kona has paired with COTU beers, 6:00 PM
- Richmond Beer Lover Election Day Excursion — 5:00 PM pin at Postbellum with specials, 6:30 PM pin at Bellytimber with $0.50 wings, 8:00 PM Baja specials on Cream Ale and Singel with $1 tacos. 10% discount at each location with your ‘I Voted’ sticker.
Wednesday, November 6th
- 3rd Annual RVA Pin Crawl — 5:30 PM Commercial Taphouse, Cask, Social 54. Three beercentic locations each with its own special small batch pin (traditional hand-tapped, gravity-fed, casks that have gone through their secondary fermentation process in the vessel.) We will be walking from Cask to Commercial Taphouse to Social 52.
- Hardywood Park Craft Brewery — Brewasana (Jessica Scalin yoga), 6:00 PM * Hurley’s Tavern — Heavy Seas Tap Take Over. Heavy Sea rep Brian Gearing will be available to talk to you about his delicious beers. Six beers on tap and glassware while supplies last, 5:00 PM
- Joes Inn — Barrel Aged Night. Special barrel aged beer tapped, 6:30 PM
- Popkin Tavern — Legend Brewing Thunderdome. Four beers enter, only one can win, 5:00 PM
Thursday, November 7th
- TJ’s at the Jefferson RVA Beer Dinner. Five Richmond breweries, four courses contact Jonathan.Kibiloski@jeffersonhotel.com for reservations, 6:00 PM
- Pokpkin Tavern — Hardywood Park Beer Dinner. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations, 8:00 PM
- Fat Dragon– RVA Beer and Food Specials. ALL RICHMOND BEERS available will be a special low price all day from 11:30 AM to 9:00 PM. Small plates made using RVA beers will be offered:Legend Beer Battered Mushrooms, Albino Monkey Fries, Hardywood Pumpkin Soup.
- Boathouse at Rocketts Landing — COTU Tap invasion, 5:00 – 9:00 PM
- Boathouse at Sunday Park — Legend Tap Takeover, 5:00 – 9:00 PM.
- Hardywood Park Craft Brewery — James River Home Brewers pin tapping and Food Truck derby, 5:00 PM
Friday, November 8th
- The Camel — ‘Things with Wood’. Featuring Wild Turkey RIS, and a few other barrel aged beers, 6:30 PM Todd’s solo album release for ‘Things’ starts at 9:30pm
- Corks & Kegs — COTU Beer Sampling. Sampling of the Center of The Universe beers with live jazz band, 5:30 – 7:30 PM
- Hardywood Craft Brewery — River City Band Record Release with the Green Boys and Andrew Ali, 5:00 PM
- Joes Inn — Legend Pin Tapping. Special filled pin from Legend Brewery tapped, 5:30 PM
- Popkin Tavern — Kick the Keg Night, 6:00 PM
- Strangeways Brewery –Brews & Burlesque. A first of its kind for RVA. Join Those Freaking Weirdos as they take to the stage in, of all places, the tasting room of STRANGEWAYS BREWING. Tickets available at www.tfwburleque.com, 9:00 PM
Saturday, November 9th
- Historical Society Beer Festival Craft beer and food festival located outside the Historical Society, 12:00 – 5:00 PM
- Strangways Brewing — Craft Sausage Gorging Competition. Strangeways teams up with Sausage Craft to have you contend against your fellow man to see how many Sausage Craft sausages you can shovel down for prizes and bragging rights. Rules and sign up available at www.strangewaysbrewing.com, 3:00 PM
- Station 2 — Hardywood Hoppyness Project. Featuring Bourbon DIPA, RVA IPA, Hoperation Pink, and a pin of Great Return, 5:00 PM
- 17th Street Farmers’ Market — Bottom to Tap. Hardywood Park 3 Miler, 11:00 AM
- Mekong – Center of The Universe Barrel Aged Event. Five barrel aged Center of The Universe beers all on tap at the #1 Beer Bar, 5:00 PM
Sunday, November 10th
- 4th Annual Beeristoric Tour of Richmond Enjoy this fun combination of special RVA craft beers, local food, and a Richmond beer history tour guided by two Virginia historians. 2 Buses one leaving from Capital Ale House Downtown, one leaving from Mekong. Tickets are available at Center of The Universe Brewery and Strangeways Brewery $45.00 a piece. Portion of Profits go to 2 the Bottom and Back Bus Line, 11:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Week long specials
- Saison — Offering special beer cocktails throughout the entire RVA Beer Week.
- Capital Ale House Featuring the RVA beers they carry on draft and in bottles all week.
- Popkin Tavern — Offering RVA beer features during their happy hour