Welcome to Episode 5 of the rvaRAMnews VCU basketball podcast!
Welcome to Episode 5 of the rvaRAMnews VCU basketball podcast. This week we recap the VT and Boston College games, give each player a New Year’s resolution, do a bit a trivia, and look forward to Friday’s Stony Brook game (don’t sleep on Stony Brook).
— ∮∮∮ —
Slow first-half starts or the cumulative effect of HAVOC!?
— Scott Day (@ScottyDVCU) December 31, 2013
- VCU held Boston College to 17 first-half points. When was the last time the Rams held an opponent to under 20 in the first half?
- 2013.01.19 — Duquesne, 44-18
- Final score: 90-63
- Butler on 2013.03.02 in the Stu was close (45-21 at the half)
- Someone has dethroned Briante Weber as #1 in steal percentage! Who is it and what team do they play for?
- Fuquan Edwin, Seton Hall, 7.72%
- Briante is #2, 7.23%
- VCU leads the nation in total number of steals, steals per game, and steal percentage. What’s their next highest ranked stat?
- Offensive rebounds, #11, 196
- Morehead State leads the nation with 246
- Did VCU have more fouls per game in November or December?
- Fouls per game in November — 22.6, good for #24 in the nation currently
- Fouls per game in December — 16.3, good for #331 in the nation currently
— VCU Athletics (@VCUathletics) December 31, 2013