All of this week’s chosen events are free. November? More like Yes-vember!
Photo by: Davidlind
November is National Adoption Awareness month, and Jewish Family Services invites all those interested in learning more about adoption to a free workshop. They will be covering everything you need to know about domestic and international adoption. RSVPs are required; firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804.282.5644 ext.223 to reserve your spot.
- Thursday, November 12th • 6:00 – 7:30 PM
- Jewish Family Services Office, 6718 Patterson Avenue
InLight Richmond turns eight this year! But this eight-year-old doesn’t want to celebrate by going to Jumpology or other such nonsense, no! Instead we get to enjoy two evenings of light-based art and performances–and take part in a community lantern parade to kick off the festivities!
- Friday, November 13th and Saturday, November 14th • 7:00 PM
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, 200 N. Boulevard
A staggering number of people are planning to run 26.2 miles on Saturday after months and months of training. Could you carve out a little time to cheer them on? Maybe make some clever signs? Choose from five different Party Zones or scope out some space along the course. I mean, it’s TWENTY-SIX-POINT-TWO miles long; you should be able to find a spot.
- Saturday, November 14th • marathon starts at 7:45 AM
- All around the ding-dang city
The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay, Part 2 comes out on November 19th, so the only logical use of your family’s time between now and then is to watch all three existing movies in one day. Thank you to Henrico County Public Libraries for making this possible.
- Saturday, November 14th • 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Twin Hickory Library, 5001 Twin Hickory Road
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. Thanksgiving hasn’t even happened yet. But you know what? Christmas lights make kids happy, so just enjoy the premature merriment (and appearances from Richmond Ballet’s The Nutcracker) and shaddup already, ya Scrooge!
- Saturday, November 14th • 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- Stony Point Fashion Park, 9200 Stony Point Parkway