I don’t know why I even bothered putting this list together, what with all the snow they’re calling for.
Relax. It’s gonna be just lovely. Get out and enjoy it.
Blooms! A millllllllllion of them, even! I can’t think of a better way to celebrate Old Man Winter finally hittin’ the bricks. Oh, and if you show up on Saturday or Sunday, you’ll get a chance to hang with Peter Rabbit.
- Wednesday, April 1st – Monday, June 1st • 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, 1800 Lakeside Avenue
- $12 for adults; $8 for kids 3 to 12; free for members and kids under 3
Get in on one of Richmond’s favorite Easter traditions with an egg hunt, crafts, live entertainment, zip lining, rock climbing, moon bounces, wagon rides, and more!
- Saturday, April 4th • 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Maymont, Carriage House Lawn
- Activity tickets are $2 each1
The Japanese Student Association at VCU will host its first-ever Cherry Blossom Festival, and YOU get to come! Performances will include Taiko drumming, martial arts, and traditional and modern dances. You and yours can also try your hands at Japanese art like origami and ikebana.
- Saturday, April 4th • 2:00 – 4:00 PM
- VCU Commons Plaza, 907 Floyd Avenue
If you prefer for your family’s egg hunt to take place on Easter and for it to be as Richmond-y as possible, I highly recommend you join the folks from St. Paul’s Episcopal Church on Capitol Square. Just imagine the amazing Instagrams you’ll rack up, guys!
- Sunday, April 5th • 10:15 AM
- Capitol Square, 9th and E. Grace Streets
I know, I know, Monday marks the start of Spring Break for most local kids, but do you know what comes after spring? Summer. And do you know what a lot of dang teens need come summer? A J-O-B. This workshop will offer resume and interview tips to help them find one! Sure, you could coach your young adult through this process, but I imagine you’ll soon tire of all the eye-rolling and sighing. Outsource the heck out of that process, I say.
- Monday, April 6th – Friday, April 10th • 2:00 – 3:00 PM
- Tuckahoe Library, 1901 Starling Drive
- Free (registration closes Saturday!)
Photo by: Ezra S F
- Most activities (including the egg hunt) require tickets, but they do have a few free activities like magic shows, puppet shows, and a bonnet parade. ↩