Got a lot of love for the Children’s Museum of Richmond and all it does for local families? Perhaps there’s a spot on CMoR’s Junior Board for you. Applications are due Friday!
Photo by: Startup Hive
The Children’s Museum of Richmond is now accepting applications for new members of its Junior Board. CMoR’s Junior Board was created to broaden the museum’s presence and influence in the community by “supporting its activities and promoting its interests,” so says the application.
Each Junior Board member must:
- Show a commitment to promoting CMoR’s mission: “To creative innovative learning experiences for all children and those who support them that inspire the next generation of creative problem solvers.”
- Be a current CMoR member.
- Attend (and participate in) Board and Committee meetings.
- Make a contribution for annual and board-approved campaigns (level of contribution is left to the discretion of the individual).
- Actively serve on one of the Junior Board committees: Development, Nominating, or Volunteer.
- Serve a two-year term (with the opportunity to renew your membership at the end of the term).
The application for CMoR’s Junior Board is available on the Children’s Museum’s website. Your completed application–including a resume or brief bio–must be submitted via fax, email, or snail mail to Meredith Screeney1, CMoR’s Vice President of Mission, by THIS Friday, May 13th.
The application process includes an informal meeting with representatives of the Junior Board and CMoR staff. New members of the Junior Board will be notified by the end of June.
Best of luck, CMoR-loving Richmonders!